To help your business stay informed and prepared there are actions you may wish to take:
- Sign up to the Business Wales Newsletter
- Visit Welsh Government’s Preparing Wales website including information on:
- Webinars for business that trade with the EU: Please visit the GOV.UK website to view a list of webinars you can sign up to watch live or on demand
- Visit the wider Business Wales website for information, advice and access to support for your business
- Register to get EU Exit updates from HMRC
- Stay up to date with Health and Safety Executive information
- Search for new contracts and advertise your services on the Welsh Government Sell2Wales website
If you import or export
- Welsh Government has a comprehensive range of support mechanisms to help you. See our Export pages for further information.
- If you are an importer or exporter you must have an Economic Registration and Identification (EORI) number to continue to trade with the EU. If you don’t already have yours, you can get an EORI number on GOV.UK. Having an EORI number is just the first step to continue to import or export.
- Check UK Government’s publications on Trading with the EU
- Post EU-exit border controls and infrastructure
If you transfer personal data
- Follow the Information Commissioner’s Office - Data protection and Brexit for small organisations
- Visit using personal data after Brexit
If you provide services or operate in the EU
If you are an employer
- Support your EU citizen staff to access the required documentation. See information for employers on Preparing Wales
- Consider up skilling your workforce – see the Skills Gateway support
If you are involved with intellectual property or copyright
- Comply with changes to intellectual property
See the UK Government’s EU exit information for businesses.