The Welsh Government is seeking views on the skills needed to support our transition to net zero for each emission sector in Wales.
And are consulting on:
- the findings of the Net Zero Skills Action Plan and the 8 emission sectors (as identified in Net Zero Wales)
- the current position of sectors in Wales, including any established skills groups or research/evidence reports to help inform
- the future skills needs and evidence of demand linked to key milestones (to include climate change pathways, key investments or investment opportunities, changes in industry practices aligned to carbon reduction, new technologies, key developments, policies, transitioning activities etc.
- cross-cutting themes of digital, procurement, Welsh language and Innovation to identify alignments and skills needs
- employer challenges and barriers to upskilling and accessing a skilled workforce
The outcome of this consultation will support the development of sector skills roadmaps.
Submit your comments by 31 December 2023: Net zero sector skills | GOV.WALES