You're viewing an updated version of this site - your feedback will help us to improve it.


Providing a healthcare service in Wales


If you are a private dentist or an independent healthcare provider such as independent hospital, independent clinic or independent medical agency you will need to register with Healthcare Inspectorate Wales (HIW).

You can register either as an individual (sole trader) or as an organisation (Ltd company).

For further information please select the following link: Who needs to register with us? | Healthcare Inspectorate Wales (

Business Wales Helpline

03000 6 03000

Lines are open 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday.

Rydym yn croesawu galwadau’n Gymraeg.
We welcome calls in Welsh.