You're viewing an updated version of this site - your feedback will help us to improve it.


Providing trade information for self-catering holiday lets


The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) is writing to some owners of self-catering holiday lets that are assessed for business rates for further information about the income and expenditure of these properties

Last year, the VOA wrote to most self-catering holiday let owners in Wales and England to ask them to provide letting information about their property.

This information was used to determine if properties should be assessed for business rates or Council Tax.

If the VOA determined that your property should be assessed for business rates, you may receive another form which asks for some additional information.

To value self-catering holiday lets, the VOA need information about your income and expenditure. Forms will be sent between February and August.

If you receive a form from the VOA asking for information about your self-catering holiday let, it’s important that you return it within 56 days of when it was issued. If you do not, you may have to pay a penalty.

For further information please select the following link: Providing trade information for self-catering holiday lets - GOV.UK 

Business Wales Helpline

03000 6 03000

Lines are open 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday.

Rydym yn croesawu galwadau’n Gymraeg.
We welcome calls in Welsh.