The Welsh Government and the Toyota Lean Management Centre, Deeside, have collaborated to offer businesses in Wales a unique opportunity to achieve sustainable improvements in competitiveness.
The programme aims to bring measurable improvements in productivity, through the sharing and coaching of lean management principles.
Delivered by experienced Toyota practitioners, participants will receive a mixture of:
- Classroom theory.
- Immersive shop floor observation.
- Examples of practical application all delivered at Toyota’s Deeside engine facility, plus
- Worksite coaching at participant company sites to support productivity improvements.
The Toyota Lean Clusters programme consists of three independent elements:
- Eye Openers – For companies who are new to the concept of lean, an introduction to lean principles and the Toyota Way through a 1-day taster sessions held at Deeside. With 50% support from Welsh Government, these sessions will cost £190 per person excl. VAT.
- Lean Start – A hybrid programme for companies ready to change that includes 3 days coaching at Toyota Deeside plus 5 days practical project assistance from a Toyota coach at your own company site. After 75% Welsh Government support, the cost per company for up to 3 delegates is £1,703.33 excl. VAT.
- Lean Plus – Provides ten days of in company support from a Toyota coach who will help instigate and guide larger, transformational lean projects. With 50% Welsh Government support, the cost of Lean Plus is £3,180 per company excl. VAT.
The programme will support a Lean Network giving participants the opportunity to connect, engage and learn from each other.
If you are interested in participating in the Welsh Government Toyota Lean Clusters Programme please contact TLMP@gov.wales