Taking place between 8 –14 February 2021, Apprenticeship Week is an annual week-long celebration of apprenticeships, and the value they bring to employers and learners in Wales. Apprenticeships allow businesses to recruit new talent, hungry to learn, to fills skills gaps cost-effectively and enable learners, of any age, to increase their skills levels.
Bringing together apprentices, training providers, parents and employers, Apprenticeship Week highlights the work being done across the whole apprenticeship community to promote apprenticeships and the positive impact they are having throughout Wales.
How you could get involved:
- Follow the Welsh Government on Facebook and Twitter, look out for #AWWales social media posts, sharing them on your own channels.
- Host a webinar or virtual event. Invite your stakeholders and peers and tell us why you think apprenticeships are a genius decision.
- Let an apprentice takeover your social media channels for the day, hold a Q+A session or a behind the scenes video of a day in the life of an apprentice.
- Individuals could create social media videos, or posts, explaining what advice would they give to their younger self? What three words would they use to describe their apprenticeship journey? Where do they see themselves in ten years’ time?
- Hold a virtual parents and carers Q+A session – why might an apprenticeship be the perfect route to accelerate young people’s careers? What myths do you want to dispel?
- Businesses could focus on an apprentice that they employ, or a former apprentice that is now a full time member of staff. Employers could even choose one per day, showcasing roles within the company, the difference apprentices have made within their teams and the business as a whole.
- Spread the love on Valentines Day. On 14 February we’d like to focus on what you love about apprenticeships. What do you love most about employing apprentices, or being an apprentice? Create a social video, blog or social media post to share your thoughts using #AWWales
To support Apprenticeship Week you can visit https://businesswales.gov.wales/skillsgateway/skills-and-training-programmes/apprenticeships/apprenticeship-week-cymru-2021-tool-kit where you will find free marketing materials in our handy Apprenticeship Week toolkit
For more information about apprenticeships, visit: https://businesswales.gov.wales/skillsgateway/skills-and-training-programmes/apprenticeships