Your privacy is important to Business Wales. This notice sets out how we will use your personal data, and your rights. It is made under Articles 13 and/or 14 of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR).
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our privacy practices.
1. Why we collect and process the data collected
The Welsh Government will be the Data Controller for the personal data you provide in accessing Business Wales support.
The legal basis for processing your personal data is section 6(1)(e) of the Data Protection Act 2018. This processing is necessary for the performance of our public task to identify you and provide the most appropriate business advice and information.
We will process the following personal and business data:
- contact information
- information about your business (such as a business plan or business balance sheets or cashflow)
We also collect demographic information which help us to monitor and report on the number of individuals and enterprises taking part in projects and to help us target the right demographic groups for Business support.
Failure to provide us with this information may preclude you from accessing the service.
This information also allows the Welsh Government to carry out the funding, planning and monitoring of projects and to produce statistical publications.
We may contact you to request your permission to use your business details for Business Wales marketing activities. The Welsh Government will not use your data without your consent for this particular purpose.
Please note that research organisations/evaluators will only contact a sample of individuals and/or enterprises. If you are contacted to take part in any research/evaluation about your experience on the project the purpose of the interview or survey will be explained to you and you will be given the option to say yes or no to taking part. Your contact details will only be used for approved research and will be deleted once this approved research is complete.
2. Who will have access to your data?
The information will be stored on a Welsh Government secure IT System. It is collected and shared with the following organisations for the purposes previously listed:
- Our Business Wales contractors delivering the service to you
- By approved social research organisations, to carry out research, analysis or equal opportunities monitoring of the service
- Welsh Government support service teams and its system technical administrators who support the I.T. system. System technical administrators will not use your details in any way
3. How long do we keep it?
Welsh Government will keep your personal data for a minimum of 10 years after the project ends for auditing purposes, after which time it will be securely destroyed.
4. What are your rights?
Under the data protection legislation, you have the right:
- to access the personal data the Welsh Government holds on you;
- require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data
- to (in certain circumstances) object to or restrict processing
- for (in certain circumstances) your data to be ‘erased’
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection
The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office are:
Telephone: 01625 545 745 or 0303 123 1113
For help with any of the above rights then please contact our Business Wales Helpline 03000 6 03000 or use the contact us form Contact us | Business Wales (gov.wales)
5. The Freedom of Information Act and your Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 allow the public to ask to see information held by public bodies, including the Welsh Government. The information you provide us may be the subject of a freedom of information request by another member of the public. We would consult with you to seek your views before responding to such a request.
6. Changes to this policy
For further information on your information rights
Data Protection Officer
Email address: DataProtectionOfficer@gov.wales