This notice was last updated on 17 May 2018.
Your privacy is important to Business Wales and in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) we have developed a Privacy Notice that covers why we collect and use your information. This privacy notice ensures that your personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully and in a transparent manner.
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our privacy practices.
1. Why we collect and process the data collected
The Welsh Government will be the Data Controller for the personal data you provide on the Business Wales Contact Us Form. In line with our public task the data will be used to identify you and provide the most appropriate support to you from our service teams.
The information you give will be used to create a record on our IT systems of your business support enquiry; this will enable us to follow up on any related and appropriate support that we might be able to provide.
2. Who will have access to your data:
- This data is shared with organisations contracted by Welsh Government to solely deliver Welsh Government sponsored business support associated to the content of the Business Wales Contact Us Form.
- The collected information will be accessible by Welsh Government support service teams and its system technical administrators who support the I.T. system. System technical administrators will not use your details in any way.
3. How long are your details kept
Your details will be retained on our systems inline with Welsh Government retention policy for up to 3 years as part of our ongoing training and quality reviews.
4. Your rights.
Under the data protection legislation, you have the right:
- to access the personal data the Welsh Government holds on you;
- require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data
- to (in certain circumstances) object to or restrict processing
- for (in certain circumstances) your data to be ‘erased’
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection
The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office are:
Telephone: 01625 545 745 or 0303 123 1113
For help with any of the above rights then please contact our Business Wales Helpline 03000 6 03000 or use the contact us form.
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.
5. The Freedom of Information Act and your Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 allow the public to ask to see information held by public bodies, including the Welsh Government. The information you provide us may be the subject of a freedom of information request by another member of the public. We would consult with you to seek your views before responding to such a request.
6. Changes to this policy
For further information on your information rights
Data Protection Officer
Email address: DataProtectionOfficer@gov.wales