Tailored Support to help you meet your goals
Our Advisory Service provides expert, independent, confidential and bespoke advice to:
- Farm Businesses
- Forestry Businesses
Our aim is to ensure you:
- benefit from business support and/or technical advice, tailored to your business needs
- reduce costs by increasing efficiency across all areas of your business
- benchmark your performance and work towards progress and growth
- identify areas for improvement and find solutions to problems
*Due to the current coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak, our advisors will not be conducting face to face visits for the foreseeable future. In the meantime, they can offer advice over the phone or digitally where possible.*
- One-to-one advice:
up to 80% funded to a maximum of €1500 (euros) per instance of advice.
- Group advice:
100% funded up to a maximum of €1,500 (euros) per group member. Between three and eight people can apply for technical group advice as a group and two people in the case of a joint venture. ONE report will be produced by your adviser and shared with all group members along with a detailed individual Action Plan.
- Eligible businesses can apply for up to four separate instances of bespoke advice through the advisory service.
- Anyone accessing the advisory service as an individual or as part of a group need to be registered with Farming Connect.
Are you ready to apply?
Before applying for business planning or technical advice available through the Farming Connect Advisory Service, you will need to:
- register with Farming Connect - each business applying for the Advisory Service will need to have received an email or letter from Farming Connect confirming their registration.
- check your eligibility for the Advisory Service.
Business planning and technical categories
Helping you meet your business aims and technical objectives.
|Category of business (confirmed at registration)||Advisory Service - level of support available|
Four instances of advisory support over the duration of the Welsh Government Rural communities - Rural Development Programme 2014-2020.
Business Planning advice can be accessed twice with the second instance using figures from a different financial year to the data used in the first business plan.
||Once instance of business planning advice over the duration of the Welsh Government Rural Communities - Rural Development Programme 2014-2020.|
The following links (under 'Advice Categories') set out the categories of business and technical support/ advice available through the Advisory Service. We hope that the brief descriptions enable you to make informed decisions on which category(ies) would most benefit your business, but if you need any further information or guidance, contact your Local Development Officer.
How to apply:
To apply and benefit from the advice available through our advisory service, please contact your Local Development Officer or contact us on:
The Farming Connect Service Centre is open between the hours of 9am and 5pm from Monday to Friday, excluding all public holidays.
Click here for more information about the Farming Connect Advisory service.
A business can access advice on a range of specific issues up to a maximum of 4 times, depending on eligibility, throughout the duration of the Welsh Government Rural Communities - Rural Development Programme 2014-2020.