The Green Growth Pledge helps Welsh businesses take pro-active steps towards improving their sustainability, demonstrating their positive impact on the people and places around them, as well as joining a growing community of forward-thinking organisations who are helping Wales transition to a low carbon future.
It offers a range of straightforward, practical actions that can be taken, such as reducing vehicle use, increasing water and energy efficiency, and working with responsible suppliers that will help companies become more efficient, decarbonise and win new business.
By signing up to the Green Growth Pledge, your business is asked to make a commitment to one or more positive actions that will help reduce your carbon footprint and impact on the environment while ensuring sustainable performance, including:
- Working with responsible suppliers
- Efficient transport & logistics
- Using land, energy & water wisely
- Measuring the impacts of your business
- Improving the well-being of staff and your local community
- Using appropriate packaging
- Preventing waste & pollution
- Reviewing products & services
- Promoting sustainable best practices
Signing the Green Growth Pledge will help your business to:
- Increase its chances of winning tenders
- Increase its likelihood of securing investment
- Save money in the long-term
- Become more efficient and increase its resilience
- Improve its brand image and gain a competitive advantage
- Set best practice for others to follow
You will also join a growing community of over 2,150 businesses who have received sustainability support from Business Wales, helping Wales to decarbonise and transition to a low carbon future.
Business Wales Support
Business Wales offers access to information, workshops, online, telephone and virtual face-to-face advice, as well as specialist support.
Virtual workshops and webinars are held regularly to help with a range of business issues providing access to independent and impartial expertise.
By signing the Green Growth Pledge, you will gain access to an exclusive marketing toolkit specifically designed to provide practical information, guides and logos to help your business promote the actions you have taken to decarbonise and become more sustainable.
Case Study - Excell Rail
Founded in 2009 by Daniel Dummer, Excell Rail is an independent recruitment services provider in the rail sector. After receiving support from Business Wales, Daniel signed up to the Green Growth Pledge which has enabled him to:
- Identify eight key priority areas for development
- Reduce transport fuel consumption and carbon emissions by 50%
- Develop a 100% local supply chain
- Enhance their tendering profile by demonstrating good sustainable practices
Read more about other businesses who have signed up to the Green Growth pledge here.
- Carbon Trust
- Energy Saving Trust
- Healthy Working Wales
- Prosperity for All: A Low Carbon Wales
- SMART Innovation
- Waste Resource Action Programme (WRAP)
- Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015