Animal Health and Welfare Training Workshops
Do you have a specific animal health disease or issue that is having an impact on not only your stock but your business performance too?
*Please note: due to the pandemic, we are offering a blended approach to workshop delivery using both digital and face to face delivery methods.*
Eligible farmers registered with Farming Connect can book their place(s) at one or more of the fully funded training workshops, delivered by local vet practices throughout Wales.
The training modules have been developed by The National Animal Disease Information Service (NADIS) and approved by Lantra Awards.
Workshop topics are aligned with the current Welsh Government Animal Health and Welfare priorities and will include the following modules:
- Animal health planning
- Antibiotic resistance
- Bovine TB
- Bovine viral diarrhoea (BVD)
- Flock Fertility Management
- Improving post weaning lamb performance
- Lambing losses - Part 1: Abortion and nutrition
- Lambing losses - Part 2: Post-lambing losses from birth to weaning
- Maximising suckler cow productivity
- Parasite Control in Cattle
- Rearing healthy calves and maximising profit
- Reducing dairy cattle lameness
- Reducing mastitis in dairy cattle
- Sheep lameness
- Sheep parasite control - Part 1: Roundworms and blowfly
- Sheep parasite control - Part 2: Sheep scab, lice and liver fluke
- Understanding johne’s disease
- Youngstock health
Each three hour workshop will give you information and practical guidance on specific animal health issues including:
- Biosecurity and disease transmission
- Clinical signs and diagnosis
- Treatment and control
- Economic implications
All upcoming workshop dates can be found on the Farming Connect what's on page.
Parasite Control Planner
The parasite control planner has been developed to focus both farmer and vet on the important factors involved specifically with health planning for parasite control in cattle and sheep.
Vet practices throughout Wales:
All clients must be registered with Farming Connect before attending a workshop. Completion of each workshop will be recorded on your continual professional development (CPD) profile and you will receive a Lantra certificate of attendance.
To see our Privacy Notice for AH&W workshops, please click here.
To apply for one or more of the workshops, you will need to complete an online expression of interest form found here.