How to access e-learning
Access e-learning…at a time and pace to suit you
Farming Connect has published a useful ‘step by step’ guidance booklet which will take you through the process.
Before you can complete an e-learning module, you need to…
- Be registered with Farming Connect with your own individual email contact which must be unique to you.
- To register, contact the Farming Connect Service Centre on 03456 000 813 or register online here. Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.
- Receive a registration confirmation email from Farming Connect, which enables you to access the Business Wales (BOSS) website via Sign on Cymru (SOC).
Access BOSS (Business Online Support Service)
Accessing BOSS is essential in order to…
- complete a PDP (Personal Development Plan) and identify your training goals
- apply for your selected subsidised training
- complete a fully funded e-learning module
- access your personal Storfa Sgiliau record
New to BOSS?
In order to access BOSS you will need to register your individual email address with Farming Connect.
If you are not already registered, contact the Service Centre on 03456 000 813.
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.
You should receive a confirmation email from the Farming Connect Service Centre containing your BOSS log in details.
NB If you have not received confirmation within five working days, contact the Service Centre.
Creating a BOSS account
For step by step instructions on how to access BOSS via Sign on Cymru click here and/or watch the video below:
Complete an e-learning module
- Select the ‘Training & E-learning’ tile on the homepage
- Click on ‘e-learning’
- Select the e-learning module you require, which is categorised within the following three headings:
- Click on your selected course title
- Click on the course name to launch the e-learning module
- Work through the module content and then take the short self-assessment quiz to test the knowledge you have acquired
NB To close the module, click on the ‘X’ in the top right-hand corner
- If you want to refresh your knowledge, you can repeat the process again
NB At the end of all completed e-learning course(s), a ‘Certificate of completion’ will be uploaded to your Storfa Sgiliau record on your behalf.
To access the health and safety module:
- Log into your BOSS account.
- From the main home page, go to your dashboard which is located on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click into your dashboard.
- The E-learning Health and Safety module will be visible.
- Please click onto the course tile.
- Please complete the course.
*Please note: you will need to complete this course successfully if applying for a machinery and equipment related course.
Storfa Sgiliau is a secure, online data storage tool for continuous professional development.
All Farming Connect training, e-learning and knowledge transfer activities undertaken within the current programme will be uploaded on your behalf. You can also record all other relevant achievements and activities in your own ‘My Space’ area.
Find out more about how Storfa Sgiliau can benefit you here.