Personal Development Plan
Planning for the future…achieving your personal goals
The Farming Connect Personal Development Plan (PDP) is a fully funded service for all farmers and foresters registered with
The Personal Development Plan will help you to:
- record current qualifications and skills
- identify your long term objectives and short term goals
- identify which training courses can help you improve existing skills or learn new ones.
- complete which training goals you need to achieve.
Completion of the PDP is mandatory for anyone wishing to submit an application for funding.
Once a PDP is created you do not need to create another and will need to keep the plan regularly updated.
In order to access the Personal Development Plan you will need to:
- Register with Farming Connect you will receive a confirmation email. Use this email to Log in to BOSS via Sign on Cymru (For step by step instructions on how to access BOSS via Sign on Cymru - please click here or watch the video below)
- Complete an online Personal Development Plan (PDP)
If you wish to use your completed Personal Development Plan to apply for a funded training course please follow these steps:
- Select the training you need from the wide range of courses available.
- Submit an application form for the training course/s you require – please ensure the course title, cost and provider are correct before submitting the application.
- NB if you intend to apply for funding to complete a training course from Category 3 - Machinery and Equipment Use, you must complete the free online Health and Safety e-learning course on BOSS via Sign on Cymru (SOC) before submitting your application.
Personal Development Plan Workshops:
If you need help to complete a Personal Development Plan and apply for funded training both Farming Connect and the Training Provider network will be offering support during a skills application window.