This course is a 1 day training course. A certificate of training will be issued following completion.
The aim of this course is to give you the tools to enable you to complete an environmental audit of your farm or land based business and identify where you can save resources, use Best Available Techniques, cut costs, plan for your waste and reduce waste and comply with new legislation.
- Understand the background to Environmental policy and legislation.
- Understand your local Environment, resources, cycles, pollution and biodiversity
- Understand business aspects, processes and impacts.
- Understand the use of Best Available Techniques (BAT) and how we can apply these to your business.
- Investigate impacts and remedial measures/ tools which can be used to reduce Environmental and Health and Safety impacts
- Environmental audit of a fictional enterprise and use tools which can be of use to you in your own business.
- Benchmarking of this enterprise against similar businesses to identify comparisons and lessons we can learn
- Understand the requirements of Water Resources (Control of Agricultural Pollution) (Wales) Regulations 2021.
- Understand Farm nutrient management plans
- Understand farm risk maps
- Understand Green House Gases
- Understand Carbon footprint auditing, Carbon neutral and mitigation measures
- Planning for the future of your business - SWOT analysis and action plans
Please note that the outline, duration and image for each course are a guide only. Please contact the training provider for more information.
The following Training Providers are available to deliver this course: