Innovation Advisory Council for Wales
The Innovation Advisory Council for Wales (IACW) was set up in October 2014.
The Council is co-chaired by Claire Durkin and David Notley and consists of representatives from Government, Higher Education and Business to reflect the public and private sector perspectives.
The role of the IACW is to advise us on a broad range of innovation matters to help grow and sustain Wales' economy and improve the wealth and wellbeing of the people of Wales. The council will monitor progress against the delivery of the Welsh Government's Economic Action Plan: Prosperity for All. It will advise and update us on emerging trends and developments, including identifying areas of existing strength and future opportunity using the ‘smart specialisation’ approach identified by the European Commission.
- Mr David Notley - Impact Innovation
- Mr Andy Middleton - Founder Director, The Tyf Group
- Mr Steve Smith - ex Director, Technology Venture Investments, Development Bank of Wales
- Dr Ian Brotherston - Head of Public Sector Innovation Strategy, Innovate UK
- Mr Rob Ashelford - Head of Y Lab, Nesta
- Mr Rhys Thomas - Chief Operating Officer, Cardiff Capital Region City Deal
- Professor Kevin Morgan - Professor of Governance and Development, School of Geography and Planning, Cardiff University
- Ms Claire Durkin - ex Head, Global Science, Innovation and Knowledge Economy, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Ms Carol Bell - Non-Executive Director, Development Bank of Wales
- Ms Julie Booth – Angel investor, non-exec director and an international advisor for high growth organisations in the life sciences sector
- Ms Karen Cherrett – Director, Cherrett Change Consultants Ltd
- Mr Rony Seamons - Chief Operating Officer, AMPLYFI