The Equality Pledge helps Welsh businesses take pro-active steps towards creating an inclusive, fair and diverse workplace.
What is the Equality Pledge?
The Equality Pledge helps Welsh businesses take pro-active steps towards creating an inclusive, fair and diverse workplace, demonstrating their commitment to their employees and the wider community, while offering accessible products and services to all.
It offers a range of straightforward, practical actions, such as becoming a Disability Confident employer or developing a staff handbook, which can help your business become more inclusive and diverse, creating fair opportunities for all and promoting individual and collective well-being.
By signing up to the Equality Pledge, your business is asked to make a positive commitment to one or more actions that will help improve your equality practices and communicate that commitment to your community, including:
- Promoting and delivering an accessible and inclusive service
- Recognising and promoting the use of the Welsh language
- Advertising vacancies widely to broaden the range of potential applicants
- Registering as an accredited Living Wage employer
- Registering as a Disability Confident employer
- Adopting a staff handbook and implementing regular staff appraisals
- Asking suppliers for a copy of their Equal Opportunities Policy
Why should my business get involved?
Signing the Equality Pledge will help your business to:
- Make a positive difference to its customers, staff and supply chain
- Set best practice for others to follow
- Increase its chances of winning tenders
- Become more innovative and creative
- Increase its market reach and open up new markets
You will also join a growing community of over 2,396 businesses who have received HR support from Business Wales, helping to build a fairer and more inclusive Wales.
Business Wales Support
Business Wales offers access to information, workshops, online, telephone and virtual face-to-face advice, as well as specialist support.
Virtual workshops and webinars are held regularly to help with a range of business issues providing access to independent and impartial expertise.
By signing the Equality Pledge, you will gain access to an exclusive marketing toolkit specifically designed to provide practical information, guides and logos to help you promote the positive actions your business has taken to become fairer, more inclusive and improve individual and collective well-being.
Case Study - Academia Musicale
Founded in 2021 by Lisa Mears, Academia Musicale is an online learning platform helping students and musicians gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of music. After receiving support from Business Wales, Lisa signed up to the Equality Pledge and has committed to:
- Deliver an accessible and inclusive service
- Consider and remove physical and social barriers to customers
- Ensure the business is socially responsible