Co-operation and Supply Chain Development Scheme – Round 7 - Now Open; Closes 30 March 2020
The aim of this EOI round is to provide support for local community transport schemes.
There must be a clear fit with Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015 and Welsh Government’s Prosperity for All. The scheme should offer a stable and coherent network of services fully integrated with other modes of public transport, which is reliable, affordable, easy to use and offers journey times that encourages modal shift from cars.
Community transport schemes should deliver the following outcomes:
- Customer Experience – Users receive the highest possible standard of services.
- Better Connectivity – Services delivered offer connectivity with other bus and transport services, frequency, reach and accessibility required to connect people with jobs, health, school and leisure opportunities.
- Access for All – All passengers, regardless of their disability, have access to suitable vehicles and drivers provide a service that fits their needs.
- Loneliness and Isolation – Services are planned to assist with improving social inclusion and tackling isolation.
- Respond to Climate Emergency – Meet Wales’ low carbon goals by converting to a Green fleet.
- Financial Sustainability – Reduce reliance on public sector investment.
Project proposals must reflect a scale and breadth appropriate to the nature of the sector or thematic groups that is to be engaged with.
Support for co operation activities must demonstrate at least two entities are involved in the proposed project.
Project proposals that are a priority for support are those that demonstrate;
- Development, expansion or enhancement of community transport services in rural areas
- Innovation through integration of parallel systems of public and community transport services in rural areas
- Collaborative partnerships with the wider third sector which promote diversification to realise enhanced or strengthened service delivery of community transport services in rural areas
Project proposals that that are investigative trials or studies of new technologies or techniques and project proposals for the development of specific product supply chains are not a priority for support.
Co-operation and Supply Chain Development Scheme: expression of interest criteria and application form: https://gov.wales/co-operation-and-supply-chain-development-scheme-expression-interest-criteria-and-application-form
If applicants are successful at EOI stage, full applications must be submitted by 29 June.