Circular Economy Funding
Aligned with the Innovation Strategy, Circular Economy Funds are available to organisations through their planned innovation activities.
- Supports investment to increase the use of recycled and re-used content in products or components or to extend the lifetime of products/materials
- Circular Economy activities will be supported via the Circular Economy Fund and any complimentary innovation activities will be supported via the SMART Flexible Innovation Support
Supports three areas of activity
- Circular Economy Research, Development and Innovation
- Transitioning to a Circular Economy and/or
- Up scaling to a Circular Economy
Who can access the support?
- Businesses of any size
- Research organisations
- Third Sector organisations
- Health Boards
How much is available?
Dependent on organisation and type of project
- An example for businesses:
- Typical value of funding £200k per year for 2 years
- Intervention rate – 50%
What needs to be achieved?
Projects will need to demonstrate that they can deliver one or more of the following outcomes:
- Increased amount of recycled, re-used and re-manufactured materials used in new or existing products or processes
- Reduce CO2 emissions
- Reduce waste
- Improved productivity
- New or improved products or processes developed and/or introduced
- Obtain a recognised relevant BSI standard/kitemark
- Registering for one of our SMART FIS Innovation Support Meetings, which will help you to run more effective research & development projects and develop an Innovation plan for your organisation
- Get in touch: due to the level of interest in SMART FIS we are taking longer than usual to respond to enquiries.. A member of our team will be in touch as soon as possible.