As a result of the report produced from the Upland Regeneration feasibility study, Pentir Pumlumon put in an application to LEADER for the Sustainable Tourism Development project, in order to fund a part time development officer over 2.5 years to develop and deliver the recommendations set out in the report.
The project aims to explore and develop a cultural / heritage visitor action plan, an activities / sporting visitor action plan, develop country life/nature opportunities for visitors and tackle public transport issues for community and tourists.
The project activities include:
- Raising awareness of tourism assets in the Uplands
- Devising an ambassador scheme
- Initiating events and festivals
- Exploit opportunities presented by the ‘Hinterland’ brand to attract new visitors to the area
- Building capacity to respond to the needs of visitors
- Developing infrastructure for navigation
- Improving green transport linkages
- Building an entrepreneurial culture
- Facilitating Infrastructure Improvements
A wide range of people will benefit from this project including; young people, older people, women, Welsh speakers, disabled people, farming households, micro-businesses, small businesses and the whole of Ceredigion
- Funding amount:
- Funding source:
LEADER Local Development Fund
Project Area Contacts:
Need to find a local access group or lead body for an area?
Please have a look at our project contact map.Find area contacts