If your company meets the criteria set out in the Construction Futures Wales online Basic Health Check, then you will be offered some fully subsidised 1:1 specialist support.
Your company will be allocated a consultant who will arrange to carry out a Construction Futures Wales Intermediate Company Health Check. This process is very detailed and takes about a morning of your company’s time in total, with your consultant working through a range of questions for key people within the organisation.
Once complete you will receive and own the Intermediate Health Check report. This collaborative exercise will identify what sort of support your company will need in order to develop further, based upon tangible results, rather than business assumptions.
The support offered is usually up to 5 days and can be delivered over a period of weeks or months depending on the outcome of the Health Check. This support does not cover general business topics, such as general marketing, web development or installation and support of bespoke financial packages – support for these elements of business development can be accessed through Business Wales.
The following non-exhaustive list gives a flavour of what can be supported through Construction Futures Wales 1:1 Support:
- Understanding your costs and Open Book costing models.
- In depth ‘How to Tender’ and how to present your company to prospective buyers.
- Principles of ‘Lean’ construction, including ‘push/ pull’ principles, inventory control, 5C/5S, process stream mapping, value stream mapping and a lot more.
- Supply Chain development.
- Sustainable construction.
- Implementation of Quality Standards*, including ISO 9000 series, 14001, 18001, Triple ISO, BSI11000 (Collaborative Business Relationships), ISO 27001 (Data Security), Achilles, Fit4 Nuclear and CE Marking.
- Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- Developing and implementing Key Performance Indicators, performance management and strategic planning.
- Entry into new markets, diversification and new product development.
- Health and Safety.
- Succession Planning.
- On site collaborative working.
- Collaborative bidding and joint working.
*(audit and certification costs not included)
Apply now to access 1:1 support for your business.