The study will look into the feasibility of developing a pilot One Planet Community of 6-25 affordable zero carbon homes plus workshops/offices plus land for horticulture/agriculture/forestry activities on the edge of Llandovery, Carmarthenshire. The study will examine each of the following:
- The prospects from a scoping exercise for land acquisition including options for private purchase, asset transfer from Carmarthenshire County Council and leasing arrangements.
- The type of legal vehicle required to manage the development;
- The partners that would need to be involved, including developers;
- Potential demand;
- Fundraising options and other sources of finance;
- Legal and planning considerations;
- Recommendations from exemplar projects and models both in Wales and around the world.
- Funding amount:
- Funding source:
LEADER Local Development Fund
- Grant Cole
- Telephone number:
- Email address:
- Email project contact
Project Area Contacts:
Need to find a local access group or lead body for an area?
Please have a look at our project contact map.Find area contacts