The overall aim is to begin rebuilding the local food economy which will entail significant expansion of sustainable production, stronger local supply chains and support for new small sustainable and profitable farming enterprises in the region.
It is intended to build resources for farm enterprise and actual engagement with (and for) new entrepreneurs: land owners, finding finance and peer support, knowledge of high-productivity techniques and hands on experience.
This to affect change in:
- New opportunities for farming
- New rural jobs
- Climate change action (fixing carbon in soil)
- Restoring nature (farming in harmony with nature)
- Tackling food insecurity
- Building local pride of place/culture
- Growing healthy, nutrient-dense food for communities in the region
- Funding amount:
- Funding source:
LEADER Local Development Fund
Vale of Usk
Project Area Contacts:
Need to find a local access group or lead body for an area?
Please have a look at our project contact map.Find area contacts