This is a two-year pilot project that will see in the month of October (in 2019 & 2020) local food producers, hospitality and tourism hotspots opening their kitchen doors to the public, highlighting the great produce we have in NE Wales. The aim of the pilot is to promote local provenance, reduce short supply chains & create more direct linkages/networking opportunities
The project will look to achieve the following from the pilot project:
• Test new approaches in collaboration between food producers, hospitality trade and consumers through shortening the supply chain. This will be achieved through a programme of unique food-based experiences. We want local people and visitors to Explore, Experience and Eat the best of what North East Wales has to offer.
• Explore new ways to promote local food by allowing customers into the premises of producers, by taking part in activities, talks or workshops.
• Provide capacity building for producers/hospitality through focused workshops.
• Identify best practices in which to develop a model for this project that is sustainable in the medium to long term.
• Provide a blueprint for other LEADER areas to replicate the model.
**A website is in development for this project & an Instagram account has been set up https://www.instagram.com/taste_blasu/
- Funding amount:
- Funding source:
LEADER Local Development Fund
Welsh Cooperation Projects
Project Area Contacts:
Need to find a local access group or lead body for an area?
Please have a look at our project contact map.Find area contacts