Piloting an after school services to children who are aged 5-11 years with disabilities who live in rural communities who do not have access to similar services on the coast. These services are to develop skills such as interaction with others, physical and mental development through play, therapeutic and sensory play. The service also offers respite to families and a source of support for signposting to other services
Who are the project beneficiaries?
Children and young people with disabilities and their families
Tell us what your project will achieve
• Meets the needs of the children within their own community.
• Enables us to trial the new time slots
• Offers more respite to parents as the new time slot would extend the school day. ( if child is transported by education to school)
• Benefits of joint working, shared thinking, shared expertise and training.
• Uses existing Staff/ Parent/ Child relationships to build new ones with other professionals.
• It already offers a well-established venue within the community.
• Provides services to children with disabilities to develop skill building
- Funding amount:
- Funding source:
LEADER Local Development Fund
Project Area Contacts:
Need to find a local access group or lead body for an area?
Please have a look at our project contact map.Find area contacts