Business Flood Relief Fund
The Welsh Government has formally launched a Flood Relief Fund, which is available to Welsh SMEs (including sole traders and micro businesses) to help them recover from damage and disruption caused by storms Bella and Christoph.
Businesses recovering from the devastating effects of the floods are able to apply for a grant of £2,500 to help them with immediate costs to recover as quickly as possible.
The grant can be claimed by businesses that meet the following criteria:
- The business must be an SME based in Wales (including sole traders and micro businesses)
- The business needs to demonstrate that they have been directly impacted by storm Bella and/or storm Christoph, i.e. flood damage to the property, equipment and/or stock, causing severe disruption to business.
- Funding can only be used to cover costs that cannot be recovered from insurance
- One application per businesses
- Businesses will need to provide:
- details of estimated affected costs to their business
- evidence of business address (within the last 3 months)
- photographic evidence of damage.
When providing detail in the application form, please note we will not consider insurance excess fees as a contributing factor towards demonstrating significant disruption.
For more information on the fund, please download the relevant guidance notes and application form below. If you have any questions and wish to speak to one of our team, please contact 03000 6 03000.
The Business Flood Relief Fund is open to applications until 31st March 2021, funds permitting.