Name: Myrddin Davies
Mobile: 07766 703255
Location: Llanrwst / North Wales
Specialism(s): Diversification; Welsh food & drink; Business and financial management: Marketing
- Myrddin was raised on a farm near Llanrwst, Conwy and is married with two children. He studied Agriculture and Business at Aberystwyth University and has 20 years of experience supporting rural businesses.
- His career so far includes working at the Welsh Government Rural Affairs Department, Hybu Cig Cymru, and for six years, he managed the Menter a Busnes Cywain project which supports food and drink initiatives in Wales. He established his own food and farming consultancy company in 2018, supporting farming families to add value and explore alternative income streams. He has an extensive understanding of the food chain, from gate to plate, as well as experience working with a number of stakeholders in the industry.
- Myrddin was appointed as an Agrisgôp Leader in March 2018 and has had significant experience of supporting groups and businesses to develop their ideas for more efficient ways of working and diversification enterprises. Myrddin is an experienced coach and mentor, and this fluent Welsh speaker is used to facilitating groups of like-minded individuals who can learn from each other in Agrisgop’s supportive environment.
- A partner in the family farming business and part of an initiative to add value to farm produce, Myrddin has a good understanding of the challenges facing family farms. He has a positive attitude and is eager to support the development of opportunities and ideas for the future.
- Myrddin works across North Wales
Current farm business:
- 180 acre beef and sheep holding
- 250 breeding ewes and 150 store cattle
Relevant experience, skills, qualifications
- B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture & Business, Aberystwyth 2003
- Myrddin has worked with a wide range of groups through Agrisgôp, concentrating on themes including food and drink, diversification, tourism, rural wellbeing, agricultural pollution and sheepdog handling.