If you’ve been considering a new business opportunity, an expansion plan or diversification, then Jobs Growth Wales provides fresh energy for your ideas.
Take on an unemployed young person and we’ll help meet up to 50% of the cost for the first 6 months at the National Minimum Wage for their age.
The business benefits
- You’ll receive up to a 50% contribution towards the wages of the young person that you take on, paid by us, for 6 months.
- Your vacancy will be advertised to work ready, energetic, enthusiastic and committed young people.
- You’ll get free recruitment support.
- You’ll be providing a young person with a valuable opportunity to kick start their career.
What support will you get?
This must be a real job and not a 6 month work placement. We recognise that recruiting new staff demands time and commitment. You will be supported by a dedicated managing agent, allowing you to focus on getting the best out of your new employee from day one.
To help with the recruitment process, we have contracted managing agents around Wales to work with you. They will provide free advice and support to source candidates that are right for your business.
In return for up to a 50% contribution to the wages of your new employee, and helping to find the most suitable applicants, we require a few guarantees from you.
- The young person must be employed for between 25 and 40 hours a week and will be contracted for a minimum of 6 months.
- All jobs created must be additional to your existing workforce needs. You cannot fill a position that has already been advertised, or create a job to cover sickness or maternity leave.
- All jobs created should be sustainable and you should be committed to retaining your employee beyond the 6 month period. Don’t forget, if they’ve impressed you enough to earn a full-time job, imagine what they can achieve for your business with further training and skills support - for example, an apprenticeship.
Hannah is doing very well here. The company is looking to grow and expand in south Wales so we’re going to look at offering roles through Jobs Growth Wales. I can certainly see the benefit of the programme to employers and employees.
Ian Hope, branch manager at The Best Connection Cardiff