Privacy Notice – Skills Gateway for Business, Skills Profile
This notice was last updated on the 6th April 2018.
Your privacy is important to us and in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) this Privacy Notice covers why we collect and use your information. The privacy notice ensures that your personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully and in a transparent manner.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices.
1. Why we collect and process the data collected:
The Welsh Government will be the Data Controller for any personal data you provide on the Skills Profile Form. In line with our Skills Profile services the data will be used to identify and contact you to provide the most appropriate support from our Business Wales service teams and/or contractor.
2. Who will have access to your data:
- Data gathered from the Skills Profile is used by Business Wales and Growth Partnership Wales (GPW) who are contracted by Welsh Government to solely deliver Welsh Government sponsored business and skills support associated with the content of the Business Wales Skills Gateway services.
- The information collected will be stored on a secure web based client management system accessible only by Welsh Government support service teams and its system technical administrators who support the I.T. system. System technical administrators will not use your details in any way.
3. How long are your Skills Profile details kept:
Your details will be retained on our systems in line with Welsh Government retention policy for 2 years as part of our ongoing training and quality reviews. After this period your details and all information you provide from completing the Skills Profile will be deleted.
4. Your rights:
Under the data protection legislation, you have the right:
- to access the personal data the Welsh Government holds on you;
- require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data,
- to (in certain circumstances) object to or restrict processing,
- for (in certain circumstances) your data to be ‘erased’,
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection.
The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office are:
Telephone: 01625 545 745 or 0303 123 1113
For help with any of the above rights then please contact our Business Wales Helpline 03000 6 03000 or use the contact us form https://businesswales.gov.wales/contact-us.
5. The Freedom of Information Act and your Information:
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 allow the public to ask to see information held by public bodies, including the Welsh Government. The information you provide us may be the subject of a freedom of information request by another member of the public. We would consult with you to seek your views before responding to such a request.
6. Changes to this policy:
For further information on your information rights:
Data Protection Officer
Email address: Data.ProtectionOfficer@gov.wales