The Personal Learning Account programme was launched in September 2019 by the Welsh Government, designed to help businesses across the priority sectors to recruit new talent and overcome current and future skill shortages.
The programme is also responsive to employers’ upskilling requirements. It can support employers to prepare for future skills and qualification needs and build resilience during this time of economic uncertainty.
For employees under the age of 24, Personal Learning Accounts also form an important part of the Welsh Government’s Young Person’s Guarantee for 16–24-year-olds.
Future proof your business
The programme offers employed people the opportunity to gain the skills and qualifications they need to re-skill or upskill while also providing the chance to recruit new talent and overcome current and future skill shortages.
The programme can also support employers:
- upskill your staff by offering flexible courses and qualifications to meet skills gaps now and in the future, enabling your business to adapt and respond to address the changing economy.
- access individuals who wish to switch careers and enter a higher level of employment, where career progression opportunities are available. These individuals will help meet the identified skill gaps across the priority sectors.
Have your business skills needs changed as a result of Covid-19?
Your skills requirements may have changed as a result of Covid-19, for example:
- it could be that you now need to change the way you market your business
- your employees may need new digital skills to adjust to new markets
The Personal Learning Account Programme may be able to help by:
- Supporting the skills development of your employees through flexible training courses
- Enable them to gain qualifications to help meet your current skills gaps
- Help you address current challenges and grow the business
Find new talent and recruit people with the right skills
With the help of your business and other organisations in the priority sectors, a Personal Learning Account is designed to equip learners with the tools they need to improve their career prospects and switch careers, while also gaining the skills and qualifications that you need to address skill shortages.
Get involved and help shape the courses around the needs of your business
Colleges are eager for local businesses like yourself to get involved and help shape the courses. This will ensure that learners are being provided with the skills that your business needs. The colleges are keen to have your input on the courses and in turn offer your support to learners by offering them mentoring, work experience and the chance to apply for job roles suitable for your business.
By recruiting through a Personal Learning Account you can; reduce costs, create a pool of talent and a skilled workforce, expand your business and much more. All businesses in Wales of any size can benefit so register your interest and get involved.
If you are interested in getting involved and would like further information please complete the expression of interest form or speak to your local college.
|Delivery Area||All Wales|
|Supported by the European Social Fund?||No|
Further Education Colleges