ION Leadership is a development programme delivered by Swansea University and Bangor University.
ION Leadership is specifically designed to help owners, directors, team leaders and managers working in the private and third sectors improve their skills, grow sustainable businesses and enrich the lives of their employees.
The business benefits
Benefitting from a hands-on learning experience, directors and managers get the space, time and tools to experiment with different leadership styles as well as the opportunity to learn from each other. Results have shown that participation in leadership programmes can deliver:
- a marked increase in turnover (26% on average)
- creation of sustainable enterprises capable of continous growth
- better equipped business leaders with enhanced knowledge and skills
- a supportive network of leaders that continue to meet, share ideas and do business with one another
In fact, an impressive 97% of delegates have reported a significant impact on them and the way in which they work.
What support will you get?
The programme is supported by the European Social Fund through Welsh Government and leads to a prestigious Institute of Leadership and Management qualification, inclusive of membership. The programme covers 3 levels of learning: Early Stage Leadership, Developing Leadership and Advanced Leadership.
You'll be shown how to implement contemporary ideas, growth strategies and best practice in your company. The programme includes:
- A 2 day experiential leadership event.
- A series of interactive master classes - study the 4 critically important leadership themes: leading self, leading people, leading organisations and leading growth.
- Action learning sets with your fellow business leaders - learn how to identify areas requiring improvement, and build the sustainable implementation strategies to allow you to drive through necessary changes.
- Workplace implementation - with an emphasis on putting the ideas that you've learnt into practice so your business becomes sharper and more profitable.
- A reflective journal - allowing you to take a close look at your leadership style, articulate your strengths and weaknesses, and develop your personal learning action plans.
The programme will help you become a better leader. You'll complete the course with the skills and the confidence to lead, motivate and inspire those around you.
ION Leadership is an innovative leadership development programme with a choice of 3 different approaches and can be tailored to suit businesses of any size operating in a diverse range of sectors.
Following the initial 2 day experiential event, you will be expected to invest 1 day a month over 4, 7 or 8 months, depending on the course.
Is your business eligible?
The programme is designed for owners, directors and leaders who have line manager responsibility, living or working in the Convergence area of Wales - west Wales and the Valleys.
IT'S TIME to take the lead
Call the Business Wales Helpline on 03000 6 03000 or contact us.
You can find further information on the programme by visiting the ION Leadership website.
ION Leadership is part funded by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.
|Programme Checklist||EU funds in Wales|
|Delivery Area||West Wales and Valleys|
|Supported by the European Social Fund?||Yes|
Swansea and Bangor Universities