Employability Skills Programme
What it's about
The Employability Skills Programme has been created to support unemployed adults to improve their employability skills and help them gain sustainable employment. They can access a range of support and training, including quality work experience, expert help and advice on work preparation, and employer specific training to develop their essential skills.
For you, it can be a highly efficient and effective way of recruiting, training and retaining staff with the right skills for your business.
How it works
Your local Job Centre will put you in touch with a local training provider who will work with you to identify a suitable individual. You’ll work together to create a flexible and tailored plan which offers meaningful work experience or vocational training to develop the right workplace skills for your business.
At the end of the placement, if you’re impressed, you might well offer them a job. Otherwise a reference will help them find work with another employer.
Who is eligible
Businesses of any size, in any sector, as long as they’re based in Wales. You also need to be able to provide a sustainable and meaningful workplace experience.
What’s in it for you
- Gain a credible potential employee who has been nurtured and trained to suit your organisation
- Attract fresh new talent into your industry
- Be seen as contributing to the local economy by supporting skills development
- Be seen to be active in terms of corporate social responsibility
- Get ahead of the competition in the search for new talent
- Shape the skills and experience of their potential workforce
- Develop their staff through coaching and mentoring people
- Design training that suits their business needs
How do I get involved?
If you’re a business and would like to find out more about how you can sign up for the Employability Skills Programme call the Business Wales Helpline on 03000 6 03000.