Progress for Success
The main purpose of the Progress for Success programme is to increase the quality of provision accessed within the early years, childcare and play sector.
The programme intends to provide opportunities for existing practitioners to broaden their knowledge and skills and enhance the care, support and experience that they share with the children in their care.
From 1st September 2019 the Progress for Success programme will provide specific funding to pilot apprenticeship frameworks in Childcare Play Learning and Development (CCPLD) and Playwork to 500 existing practitioners working between 10 and 16 hours per week across Wales.
Practitioners will have the opportunity to carry out their training in English, Welsh or bilingually (in English and Welsh).
This training will be fully funded by Welsh Government and the European Social Fund (ESF) and will be delivered on behalf of the Welsh Government by contracted Work Based Learning Providers.
Businesses can get 100% funded training to upskill their staff in industry recognised qualifications.
Providers in each area with contact details can be found here: Training Providers
More opportunities will be available via the Progress for Success programme in the near future.
Specific Frameworks eligible for funding are :
- Level 2 Playwork Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Childcare Play Learning and Development Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Playwork Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Childcare Play Learning and Development Apprenticeship
- Individuals have to be employed with a contract of employment between 10-16 hours a week in an early years, childcare or play setting (employees working longer than 16 hours may be eligible for the mainstream Apprenticeship Programme)
- The early years, childcare and play setting can be registered or non-registered; however, non-registered settings must be able to demonstrate that they are working toward registration with Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW)
(Please note that other criteria may apply)
Businesses interested in the programme can initially make contact with Welsh Government through the mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org.
Businesses can also contact the training provider in their area directly.
Call the Business Wales Helpline on 03000 6 03000 or contact us.
Progress for success is part-funded by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.
|Programme Checklist||EU funds in Wales|
|Supported by the European Social Fund?||Yes|