How it works
The Workplace Welsh website, developed by the Welsh Government with support from the WJEC provides you with the tools you need to answer some key questions:
- Where do you need your bilingual people?
- How good does their Welsh need to be?
- How do their current listening, speaking, reading and writing skills measure up?
By assessing the Welsh language skills of current employees you can plan a training programme to meet any gaps. Remember, the National Centre for Learning Welsh can give you advice and help to find the best course for you.
The Centre also offers the Cymraeg Gwaith/Work Welsh programme. The aim is to provide opportunities to a range of workers in different sectors to learn and improve their Welsh, to use the language with confidence in the workplace and beyond, and to meet the business needs of their organisation. A key emphasis is building confidence among fluent speakers as well as supporting learners at different stages of their development.
Who is eligible
Businesses of any size, in any sector, as long as they’re based in Wales.
What’s in it for your business
- improve your bottom line by speaking the language of your customers
- boost your brand - not just in Wales but around the world
- increase customer loyalty
- raise your standing in the local community
- demonstrate your commitment to equality and respect for all your customers
- improve staff morale by enabling them to use the language of their choice at work