Privacy Statement - Visit Wales Quality Assurance
The Welsh Government is the data controller for the purpose of compliance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK-GDPR). The processing of your application is part of our public task to administer the service and will form part of our contract.
Purpose of the Processing
In order to process your application and to update internal (other Departments within Welsh Government) and external partners (Data Partners, Local Authorities, TIC Managing Agents) about your business and accreditation status, Welsh Government requires you to provide various contact and business information as detailed on the application form. The processing of this data is necessary in order for Welsh Government to perform the following tasks.
Contact information is required so that Visit Wales can contact you to make arrangements for the quality assurance visit, send receipts, accreditation reports and certificates and to also contact you for operational reasons.
Contact information is also sent to the Visit Wales Data Stewards (Mid Wales Tourism, North Wales Tourism, New Vision Group) in order for them to contact you to populate your entry on the Visit Wales consumer website – www.visitwales.com
Recipients of the Data
Information held by Welsh Government about your business may be shared with following for the reasons outlined above:
- Other Departments in Welsh Government
- Data Stewards (Mid Wales Tourism, North Wales Tourism, New Vision Group) – these are organisations are contracted to provide services to Visit Wales)
- National Tourist Organisations
- Local Authorities
- Wales Adventure Tourism Organisation (WATO)
Retention of Data
Welsh Government will hold personal information for grading purposes for 7 years.
Your rights in relation to your information
You have the right to:
- access to the personal data that we are processing about you;
- require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data;
- the right (in certain circumstances) to object to or restrict processing;
- the right (in certain circumstances) for your data to be ‘erased’;
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection
For further details about the information Welsh Government holds and its use, or if you wish to exercise your rights under UK-GDPR, please contact:
Welsh Government, Rhodfa Padarn, Aberystwyth. SY23 3UR
Data Protection Officer, Welsh Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff. CF10 3NQ
Information Commissioner’s Office (Wales)
2nd Floor Churchill House, Churchill Way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH
Phone: 029 2067 8400 or 0303 123 1113