STAY INFORMED, STAY PREPARED
The End of the EU Transition Period
The UK left the EU on 31 January and has been in a transition period which ended on 31 December 2020.
During the transition period, the majority of the current EU rules and trading arrangements have remained in place with no significant changes in most areas. However, the end of the transition period will mean changes to the current rules on trading, as will the right to travel without visas to other EU countries.
The UK Government and the EU have now agreed a deal on their future relationship. Visit Welsh Government’s Preparing Wales website.
There are steps that businesses of all sizes can take now to start planning ahead:
• Sign up to the Business Wales Newsletter
• Visit Welsh Government’s Preparing Wales website
• Visit the wider Business Wales website for information, advice and access to support for your business
• Register to get EU Exit updates from HMRC
• Stay up to date with Health and Safety Executive information
• Search for new contracts and advertise your services on the Welsh Government Sell2Wales website
• Visit UK government Make sure you're ready checker tool
Below are the key areas where business should consider whether they are prepared for change