Exporting can pay dividends if you invest in sound planning and preparation.
Some of the questions you should consider before embarking on your export journey are:
- Is my business geared to serve a bigger market?
- Which should i tackle first?
- Do I have the resources in place to support my export plans?
- Are my products or services ready for my target market?
- Do I have the necessary “know-how” to confidently go into new markets?
- How can I find out about shipping, international regulations, taxes and import laws… as well as all of the other things I need to know?
Developing your export knowledge
To help get you ready we have a number of tools at your disposal:
- Export Hub - access thousands of pages on exploring markets, finding clients, checking barriers and managing shipments.
- Online export training - learn the fundamentals with these three concise courses.
- Export guides - from starting out through to getting paid.
- Webinar recordings - covering guidance & advice, market updates and sector focused topics.
We can also work with you on a one-to-one basis to help you find the answers to the above questions and more. The support is specially tailored to meet your specific needs and can cover the following areas:
- Export strategy
- Market selection
- Defining your route to market
- Financial guidance
- Export procedures, regulations and logistics