WG Tourism Stakeholder Engagement - Privacy Notice
Welsh Government is the data controller for key stakeholder information in the tourism sector that you provide and we will process it in line with our public task to engage with you as a tourism key stakeholder to:
- provide you with information
- highlight and invite you to relevant events
- bring to your attention business development and cross-working opportunities that may be of benefit to you
- invite you take part in consultations, research exercise or focus groups
For specific groups, you may be invited to join separately, where activity specific controls and privacy notices will be provided.
Your information will be available (as appropriate) to wider Welsh Government staff / teams for tourism sector specific projects / activities / research / consultations / events only, and appropriate controls will be included covering usage and storage of your data.
Occasionally third parties will be given responsibility for delivering Tourism projects / activities / research / consultations / events on behalf of Welsh Government and we will provide your details for them to contact you for that purpose.
All information you provide will be stored and, where appropriate, shared securely and used in full accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulations (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Welsh Government will retain and regularly review your details to keep them up to date for as long as you are a stakeholder, plus one year. If you do not wish to continue to be in this stakeholder group please email email@example.com and your data will be archived.
Under the data protection legislation you have the right:
- To be informed of the personal data Welsh Government holds about you and to access it
- Require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data;
- The right (in certain circumstances) to object to or restrict processing;
- The right (in certain circumstances) for your data to be ‘erased;
- to (in certain circumstances) data portability
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection.
For further information about the information which the Welsh Government holds and its use, or if you wish to exercise your rights under the UK GDPR, please see contact details below:
Visit Wales – Industry Engagement
Welsh Government Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer
Information Commissioner’s Office – Wales
Telephone: 029 2067 8400
Fax: 029 2067 8399