The seafood and fishing industry in Wales is growing, both in size and diversity, from commercial sea fishing and aquaculture to processing and preparation of seafood for the consumer.
In its broadest sense, the sector offers a wide range of opportunities for school leavers, apprentices and graduates to build a career in a diverse range of disciplines from conservation and marine management to cooking the catch landed in Wales within the hospitality sector.
The following links provides details of organisations who can provide guidance with regard to sector careers:
- Careers Wales
- Seafish Industry Authority has a broad range of information on seafood careers
- Seafish also provides seagoing training and onshore training and training information
- The Seafood training academy
- Maritime and shipping careers
- The Whitby Fishing Industry Training School provides training for those wishing to develop a career within the commercial fishing fleet
- Broader opportunities within conservation and inland fisheries
- General information with regard to Welsh Government’s activity in the area of learning and skills