Port Talbot Waterfront Enterprise Zone
Port Talbot Waterfront Enterprise Zone, is home to a highly skilled workforce and a wide diversity of sectors. With access to a deep-water harbour capable of taking the next generation of super container ships and excellent rail and road links this is one of the most accessible and unique business destinations in Wales.
- A substantial labour pool living within commuting distance
- Range of affordable accommodation, from new state of the art, ready-to-go buildings to large development sites
- Advanced manufacturing skills development and research by local colleges and universities
- Excellent local and national road, port and rail links
- Strong manufacturing heritage, forward-looking manufacturing skills and technology
- Access to enterprise class connectivity and a rapidly growing choice of superfast broadband services
- Government and local authority support for business needs
Port Talbot Waterfront Enterprise Zone has much to offer potential investors - whether they are an inward investor, start-up, or existing business.
The area is steeped in industrial heritage and is a major manufacturing location with strengths in the Advanced Materials and Manufacturing, Energy and Environment and also the Construction sector.
Port Talbot is the base for a number of major international manufacturing companies, whilst still offering plenty of room, opportunities and support for new businesses - good infrastructure, planning designations and positive landowners ensures that the Zone can accommodate a wide range of businesses.
Port Talbot has long established strengths in manufacturing and steel production. This is combined with a firm focus on continuing to develop cutting-edge, world-class industries in sectors such as Advanced Materials and Manufacturing, Construction and Green Energy.
The area benefits from industry led commercial research and has strong links with numerous academic institutions including Swansea and Cardiff Universities, University of Wales Trinity Saint David, Cardiff Metropolitan University and the University of South Wales.
Port Talbot Waterway Enterprise Zone’s unique combination of factors, in terms of location, infrastructure and its links to the knowledge economy has attracted some of the UK’s top manufacturers, including TATA Steel, BOC, SPECIFIC and TWI, who, along with a host of other highly technically competent companies, make a strong foundation for the creation of a dynamic and innovative cluster of businesses.