Featured finance scheme
What is the Development Bank of Wales?
The Development Bank of Wales funds businesses that they think will benefit Wales and its people. By providing sustainable, effective finance even where options seem limited, they bring ambitions to life and fuel possibilities for people, businesses and communities in Wales and beyond.
How can it help my business?
The Development Bank of Wales can support Welsh businesses in the following ways:
- Micro loans from £1,000 to £50,000 for start up growth funding
- loans from £1,000 - £10 million
- equity investment from £50,000 to £10 million
- seed finance for pre-revenue tech start-ups
- equity investment for early stage and mature technology-based businesses
- finance up to £10 million
- property development loans for residential and commercial projects in Wales
- coinvests alongside a range of other funders including banks, crowd funders, business angels and other investors or lenders
What are the criteria for support?
The Development Bank can only help businesses based in Wales or willing to relocate. It can support both B2B and B2C with a focus on micro to medium businesses although non SMEs can also apply.
You can check your business’ eligibility in just a few minutes through the Development Bank’s eligibility tool.
How can I apply?
You can apply through an online application form. Supporting documents such as business plans or bank statements can either be attached to your application or sent in at a later date.
If you want to know more visit www.developmentbank.wales today for further information.
The Development Bank of Wales manages a range of investment funds including the Wales Business Fund, part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund through the Welsh Government.