Featured finance scheme
What is the Development Bank of Wales?
The Development Bank of Wales is a unique lender to businesses in Wales. It has been set up by the Welsh Government to support the economy of Wales by making it easier for businesses to get the finance they need to start up, strengthen and grow.
How can it help my business?
The Development Bank of Wales can support Welsh businesses in the following ways:
- loans from £1,000 - £5 million to start, strengthen or grow your business
- equity investment from £50,000 to £5 million for established businesses
- seed finance for pre-revenue tech start-ups
- equity investment for early stage and mature technology-based businesses
- finance up to £5 million to buy a business
- property development loans for projects in Wales
- co-investment alongside banks, crowd funders, grants, investors and other lenders
What are the criteria for support?
The Development Bank can only help businesses based in Wales or willing to relocate. It can support both B2B and B2C with a focus on micro to medium businesses although non SMEs can also apply.
You can check your business’ eligibility in just a few minutes through the Development Bank’s eligibility tool.
How can I apply?
You can apply through an online application form. Supporting documents such as business plans or bank statements can either be attached to your application or sent in at a later date.
If you want to know more visit www.developmentbank.wales today for further information.
The Development Bank of Wales manages a range of investment funds including the Wales Business Fund, part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund through the Welsh Government.