Return to Social Business Compliance index
Main areas of business compliance you will need to consider
You will need to ensure that you are complying with all the legal requirements relevant to your social business. There are a range of legal requirements that relate to different aspects of your businesses’ activities, including:
- Governing document - governance arrangements as set out in your rule book or governing document
- Regulators - specific regulation requirements set out by your businesses’ regulator (Charity Commission, Community Interest Company Regulator, Companies House, Financial Conduct Authority)
- Human resources - legal requirements relating to managing people in your business (HR - Human Resources)
- Financial - legal requirements relating to managing your money
- Health and safety requirements
- Data protection and communication requirements
- Contractual requirements
- Regulations relating to specific activities, e.g. need for licences etc.
In this section:
Want to discuss this further? Contact email@example.com or your dedicated Business Advisor.