In 2015, we began a series of annual themes, with Adventure in 2016, Legends in 2017, the Sea in 2018 and Discovery coming in 2019.
The strategy was in response to key challenges promoting Wales as a destination. These thematic years are:
- a long-term ambition to grow a stronger and more defined brand for tourism in Wales
- the opportunity to focus investment and innovation in tourism
- the need to drive an increase in visitor volume and value to Wales each year.
Our aims and goals by the end of 2018 are that:
- Wales becomes well-known for being an outstanding adventure, culture, heritage and outdoors destination;
- we create a much more defined and compelling destination proposition for Wales.
- we drive £320 million of extra consumer spend in Wales from the domestic market, and
- £7 million of travel trade business to Wales from our top 100 operators.