Privacy Notice – Mentoring
In order to receive Business Wales Mentoring Support, we are required to collect information from you. This information will include personal information and relevant business information which will enable us to provide you with the appropriate advice and information. Failure to provide us with this information will preclude you from accessing the service.
What we need
Information collected includes name, address, contact information and information about you or your business as well as demographic information which help us make with the Business Wales Mentoring service matching process.
Why we need it
All information you provide will be stored and used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 1998.
Information is gathered in order that we are able to match a Mentee to Mentor effectively.
Also, Information is collected and retained to help Welsh Government consider the best ways it can provide appropriate business support and guidance to businesses. This could include contact details or information such as business information and demography information.
We may contact you to request your permission to use your business details for Business Wales marketing activities. The Welsh Government will not use your data without your consent for this particular purpose.
Who else sees it?
The information collected is shared with the following organisations for the purposes listed below –
- Our Business Wales Contractors delivering the service to you
- By approved social research organisations, to carry out research, analysis or equal opportunities monitoring of the service
What we do with it
- We use the data you provide to enable Mentoring agents to find the best match for you whether you are a Mentor or a Mentee.
- To monitor and report on the number of Mentors and Mentees taking part in the service and the number of people from different groups being supported (e.g. different ages, genders and ethnicities).
- Please note that research organisations/evaluators will only contact a sample of individuals and/or enterprises. If you are contacted to take part in any research/evaluation about your experience on the project the purpose of the interview or survey will be explained to you and you will be given the option to say yes or no to taking part. Your contact details will only be used for approved research and will be deleted once this approved research is complete.
How long do we keep it?
We are required under State aid legislation to keep your personal data for a minimum of 10 years after the project ends after which time it will be securely destroyed.
What are your rights?
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) gives individuals certain rights in respect of the personal data held on them.
lf at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
lf you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Our Data Protection Officer is -
The Welsh Government is data controller for any information that you provide.
For further information about the personal data collected and its use and if you have any concerns about the accuracy of personal data or wish to exercise any of your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you should contact:
Tel: 03000 6 03000
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.
The Welsh Government’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted at
To contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, please see details below:
Information Commissioner’s Office – Wales
2nd Floor, Churchill House
Telephone: 029 2067 8400
Fax: 029 2067 8399
We welcome calls in Welsh on 029 2067 8400. Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg ar 029 2067 8400.