Return to Social Business Compliance index
Managing assets: Health and safety
A business has a legal duty to ensure the health and safety of its staff, volunteers, contractors and users.
- Appoint competent person to manage health and safety
- Prepare health and safety policy (requirement if you employ 5 or more staff)
- Carry out risk assessments
- Control risks
- Consult with and train staff
- Display health and safety poster (compulsory if you employ staff)
- Keep appropriate health and safety records
- Take out employers’ liability insurance.
In this section:
- Managing people: Employing and managing staff
- Managing people: Managing volunteers
- Managing people: Using contractors and freelancers