Return to Social Business Compliance index
Detailed guidance on systems and procedures for business compliance
Once your legal structure has been set up, you will need to devote enough time and resource to set up the appropriate systems and processes for the business so that compliance requirements are met. This will involve setting up:
- Systems for managing the governance of your social business
- Financial systems and controls
- Systems for managing staff and volunteers
- Administration systems
- Systems for managing assets and resources.
You will also need to secure appropriate licences and accreditations for your business depending on the type and nature of your services and products.
The level of system required will depend on the size and nature of your social business. You will need to determine what the minimum requirements are for your business.
Following initial set up, you will need to ensure you have appropriate systems and processes for maintaining compliance.
In this section:
- Managing people: Employing and managing staff
- Managing people: Managing volunteers
- Managing people: Using contractors and freelancers
- Managing assets: Health and safety
- Managing assets: Premises and equipment
- Managing assets: Information technology
- Managing assets: Data protection
- Managing assets: Intellectual property, licenses, registration
Want to discuss this further? Contact email@example.com or your dedicated Business Advisor.