Return to Social Business Compliance index
Managing people: Managing volunteers
If your social business uses volunteers, then it is important that you have a suitable volunteer management process in place. This will ensure that volunteers have enough information and support to deliver their roles effectively.
The level of detail you require will be proportionate to the size of your business, the services you offer and the number of volunteers used, but you may wish to consider the following
- Volunteer role descriptions
- Volunteer policy and procedures
- Volunteer handbook
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer supervision, meetings and monitoring.
In this section:
- Managing people: Employing and managing staff
- Managing people: Managing volunteers
- Managing people: Using contractors and freelancers