Llysun Farm Facts
- The farm’s labour includes one part-time self-employed worker and two apprentices on a part time basis.
- Llysun is a 700 acre farm rising from 550 feet to 1,400 feet.
- The land includes 400-acres of hill land.
- Most of the land has been improved over the past two decades.
- The farm is in the Glastir Advanced scheme.
- The flock consists of 1,200 Welsh mule and Texel-cross ewes with 300 ewe lambs.
- All ewes are lambed indoors in March and are fed ad-lib high quality silage and a 20% soya blend.
- All lambs are finished off grass and sold to Waitrose from June to early November.
- Grass is cut in early June for clamp silage (140 acres first cut and 60 acres second cut).
- There is a self-catering apartment on the farm.
- The farm has invested in solar panels to provide renewable energy.