The Welsh Government Youth Entrepreneurship Strategy
Please be aware that the following websites are not owned by Big Ideas Wales and content may only be available in English. For privacy information please view the privacy policies on the individual websites.
- The Welsh Government’s Youth Entrepreneurship Aspiration research 2017 - investigated the drivers, barriers and influences that shape young entrepreneurs decisions to start and grow a business
- A Youth Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Strategy for Wales (YES) launched in 2004 providing a structure and focus for entrepreneurship education in Wales.
- The Youth Entrepreneurship Strategy (YES) An Action Plan for Wales 2010-15 This Action plan identified outcomes across Welsh Government’s Economic and Education policy areas and focused on young people and how they are taken forward on a journey of entrepreneurship.
- In 2014, the Welsh Government commissioned an evaluation of the Youth Entrepreneurship programme delivered by the Department of Economy, Science and Transport. The findings of the evaluation have informed the development of the Business Wales – Youth Entrepreneurship Service, which commenced 1st January 2016.
- Case Studies of The Welsh Approach To Enterprise Education- Showcases the Welsh Government’s approach to enterprise education driven by the Youth Entrepreneurship Strategy.
- The Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) is the world's foremost study of entrepreneurship. The GEM reports for Wales summarise the main findings and key themes from these GEM surveys with specific focus on youth entrepreneurship in Wales.
- Going Solo: Understanding Self-Employment in Wales - This report, commissioned by FSB Wales and produced by Professor Andrew Henley and Dr Mark Lang, sets out to shed light on the army of self-employed people in Wales.
- A National Ambition: Enterprise Education, Schools and the Welsh Economy - This report commissioned by FSB Wales and produced by education expert Professor David Egan of Cardiff Metropolitan University looks at the opportunities of promoting entrepreneurship and enterprise within the education system in Wales.
- Supporting Entrepreneurial Women in Wales informs how the Welsh Government and business community works to drive forward female entrepreneurs in Wales. The Good Practice Guide aims to help the business support community adopt a gender focused approach. It also provides an overview to enable progression and growth of female entrepreneurs and female entrepreneurship across Wales.