Farming Connect one-to-one on-farm clinics
Our one-to-one clinics are fully-funded sampling and advice clinics on a range of topics. Each Farming Connect registered business is eligible to apply for up to two clinics from the list below. Clinics will be delivered by independent consultants and all advice will be confidential.
Each business will receive a clinic report including the following:
- Introduction to the topic
- Results of the samples or visit
- Recommendation(s) for improvement
To be eligible for the on-farm clinics the business must be registered with Farming Connect and have a CRN, CPH and a minimum of 3 hectares.
- Apply for one sample from your main water supply
- Identify any water contamination and take steps to stop or reduce this
- Avoid poor water quality affecting stock performance
- Apply for two forage samples from eg silage bales, pit silage, haylage or hay
- Analyse the nutritional value of your forage and learn how to improve it
- Ensure your livestock perform at their best
**There is limited availability for the Forage Clinics, so they will be delivered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- An on-farm visit to discuss your diversification ideas with an expert
- Clinic report outlining your plans with recommendation and next steps
- Topics can include: Tourism, Agri-Food, Novel Crops, Renewables and Marketing
If you would like to register your interest in the Farming Connect one-to-one clinics, please complete the form below.
Please note: To ensure that all soil sampling results are accurate and correct, sampling will not be undertaken until conditions are suitable. This will commence from early autumn onwards.