Why Delyth would be an effective mentor
- Delyth, who has been an agricultural bank manager for over 15 years, provides guidance to many farming businesses. She encourages them to make what are often small changes but lead to significant improvements and add value to their enterprises
- Married to a sheep farmer, who she helps with day to day tasks on the farm during busy periods, and with knowledge of most sectors, she is keen to help more farmers appreciate that the actions and decisions taken within a business can influence outputs through trading accounts.
- With confidentiality uppermost at all times, Delyth wants to pass on her knowledge about best practice, business, succession and financial planning and also advise farmers on when they should seek independent advice from other professional advisers with strategic decisions
- A good listener, with an understanding of the needs of farm and forestry businesses in general, she will help you get the best out of your relationship with your own bank manager
- Agriculture manager with a leading high street bank since 2003
- Actively involved with the family farm
- Since attending Brecon High School and undertaking a year’s business studies at Coleg Powys, Delyth has had a successful lifelong career with a high street bank in a rural area.
- Her banking experiences include cashiering, accounting, agricultural administration and since 2003, her current senior management role.
TOP TIPS FOR BUSINESS SUCCESS
“There is no such thing as an average farm or an average farmer.”
“Be the best that you can be.”
“Have a strategic plan, short, medium and long term.”